Getting your legal documents notarized can seem like the hardest thing in the world. The reason behind this is that it is not easy to find a notary. Chances are that you might have called around to find out if there is a notary available who can help. Fortunately, you have two options that provide convenience. These include remote online notarization (BlueNotary) and mobile notary. To help you know about the differences between the two options and which one you should consider, we have prepared the ultimate post.
What Is Remote Online Notarization?
A remote online notarization is just like any other legal notarization. The only difference is that the notarization is done online. The fact is that the advancement in technology has made it possible to notarize documents over the internet instead of having to go anywhere. Besides, you do not have to worry about your identity getting stolen as the software would safeguard it. With a reliable service platform like Blue Notary, you can rest assured knowing that everything would be taken care of. All you require to access the service is a device that has a camera and an internet connection.
The reason behind the emergence of remote online notarization is the coronavirus pandemic. As businesses had to close down due to restrictions and as people were unable to meet others, it became obvious that there was a need for remote online notarization. Thus, it became a popular option.
Benefits of Remote Online Notarization
When you opt for remote online notarization, you can expect a number of advantages as mentioned below.
- The best thing about remote online notarization is that it provides greater efficiency. Forget about having to spend hours in traffic and the cost of traveling when you can get things done over the internet.
- Remote online notarization also prevents tampering for good. A digital certificate is used by notaries for identifying and sealing documents. It is unlike anything you would encounter if you opt for a traditional option. Thus, you get a tamper-evident document that you can rely on. The moment the seal is added to the document, nobody can make any changes to it. Encryption software is used to protect the document and make sure that no changes are made.
- The number one reason why people choose remote online notarization is that it does an incredible job at securing records. Most states need notaries to maintain the audit trail. As this is done digitally, you can benefit from enhanced security.
- The truth is that remote online notarization is a more cost-effective option. You can expect to save money when you opt for the service. As online notaries accept more work and as they do not have to incur any costs, they are able to pass on savings which you need to take advantage of.
What Is A Mobile Notary?
As the name suggests, a mobile notary is a notary who can travel to your desired location to notarize your documents. This means that you would not need to stress about having to drive anywhere to find a notary. Thus, you can sit back and relax while a notary public comes to your home or office.
All you need to do is speak with the mobile notary to book an appointment. Then, you would have to wait for the mobile notary to come to your address at a specific time. You will have to discuss with the remote notary to ensure that they agree to the location. For instance, it is possible that the mobile notary might require you to arrive at a certain location where he or she might call other clients for notarizing documents. A mobile notary is also known as a traveling notary. It is easy to get confused. However, both the services are similar. This is why you do not need to find a place to meet with the notary.
Benefits of Mobile Notary
There are a number of benefits of a mobile notary as mentioned below.
- You would not need to stress out about finding a professional as you would be able to eliminate the logistical nightmare. The notary can simply come to your home to get the job done.
- Another great thing about a mobile notary is that you get to access more time slots. This ensures that you do not have to dedicate an entire day to finding a notary. You should be able to schedule the mobile service to ensure that someone visits your home at a time that works best for you.
- Anyone who lives in a major city would know just how difficult it can be to schedule the service. It is due to this reason that a mobile service would prove to be a reliable option as you would be able to receive the service at the time that works best for you.
- It is also worth mentioning that a mobile notary offers a number of packages for offering discounts. However, it would still cost you more money in comparison to a remote online notarization service.
Now that you have a better idea about the differences between remote online notarization and mobile notary, you would realize why the former is the way to go. It provides greater convenience and is even more cost-effective. Therefore, you would be able to save money and receive the best service. Make sure to use a reliable service such as Blue Notary for the best experience.