Why Should You Consider Becoming An Online Notary In Nevada
Becoming an online notary in Nevada is a great way to offer convenient and secure services to clients. It can also be very lucrative for those who choose to do so as the fees you charge tend to be higher than traditional notarial services. Additionally, online notaries are in high demand due to the convenience they provide, from conducting remote meetings to handling transactions without requiring someone to be physically present.
Finally, it’s the perfect time as 1.25 billion notarizations are done annually in the Unites States and more and more of these notarizations are moving online.
How Do You Become An Online Notary In Nevada?
Nevada Notaries are able to register to perform remote online notarizations (RONs) since December 14, 2018. These people are often known as “remote” or “online” notaries. The NV Secretary of State also uses the term “electronic” Notaries.
Becoming a remote electronic Notary in Nevada requires the following steps:
Hold an existing commission as a traditional Notary Public.
- Register for the state-required eNotary training courseSign on the Secretary of State’s Business Portal website.
- Pay the $45 registration fee.
- Complete the online registration form and pay the $50 application fee.
- Complete the training course and pass the exam.
- Get an electronic signature and seal from an approved RON technology provider, This document is known as a Nevada Exemplar. You will need to upload it to your Secretary of State as well.
Once you have become an online notary in Nevada, you will be able to provide secure remote notarial services for Nevada residents. Always ensure that you follow the guidelines and laws set out by the state, as well as your chosen RON vendor.
How to Become a Traditional Notary in Nevada (Get your Notary Commission)
- Make sure you meet all of your state’s requirements (see below).
- Take the three-hour online Notary training course through the Secretary of State’s Notary Division and pass the exam.
- Get a $10,000 surety bond and file it with the county clerk, so they can issue your “Filing Notice.”
- Submit your application, filing notice, training certificate and filing fee, to the Secretary of State via the Nevada SilverFlume online portal.
- Get your official Notary stamp. You must provide the original or a certified copy of your Certificate of Appointment to an approved Notary seal vendor.
- Get a Notary journal.
Are Online Notaries Legal To Work in Nevada?
Yes, online notaries are legally allowed to work in Nevada. Remote Online Notarization (RON) has been legal sinceback in December of 2018 due to NV Assembly Bill 413.
The state of Nevada requires notaries to undergo a certification process and maintain licensure in order to perform online notarizations. In addition, those seeking an online notary license must be subject to background checks.
What Are The Requirements To Become An Online Notary In Nevada?
In order to become an online notary in Nevada, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a Nevada resident and have lived in the state for at least 30 days preceding application
- Have no felony convictions or disciplinary action against your notary license within the last 10 years
- Complete a six-hour training course approved by the Secretary of State
- Pass the state-administered exam
- Obtain a $5,000 surety bond
Once all of these requirements have been met, you can apply for your Nevada online notary commission. The application process is fairly simple.
What Steps Should You Take To Remain Compliant With Nevada Laws?
In order to remain compliant with Nevada laws, online notaries must take the following steps:
- Keep up-to-date records of all your remote notarizations.
By following these steps, you can ensure that you remain compliant with the laws governing online notaries in Nevada.
What to Expect From the Job?
As in other professions, the amount of work an online notary receives can vary widely. Generally the busiest times for notaries are during tax season, when documents such as tax returns need to be signed and notarized. However, there is also a steady demand throughout the year from businesses and individuals in need of authentication services. There are many businesses that need consistent notarizations.
It is important to remember that when working as an online notary, you are responsible for adhering to the regulations set forth by the state. This includes making sure documents are properly completed and witnessed and ensuring they contain all of the necessary information. Additionally, the most successful online notaries spend some time doing their own client acquisition and sales funneling.
How Much Can You Expect To Make?
When you create an account with Blue Notary to get started, you can expect to earn around $25 for online notarizations. As you gain more experience and have notarized more documents, you will be able to earn even more by taking on loan signing packages. Thus, you will be able to earn a very decent income – all from the comfort of your home office.
BlueNotary also has the option for you to Invoice Your Clients Outside of BlueNotary at your rates at a cost of just $2 per notarization for their Pro-Hybrid members. This makes your earnings very flexible depending on your ability to build a network.
Can I do Online Notary in Nevada?
Yes, you can do online notary in Nevada. In order to become an online notary, you just need to meet the state requirements for certification and obtain a commission from Nevada. You can also join the BlueNotary Notary Mastermind Group in order to get advice from Nevada notaries who have already been through the process and will share exactly what you need to do. They’ll help make sure you’re compliant with your SOS. Becoming an online notary can be a great way to supplement your income and make a positive impact on the community.
As an online notary, you get to decide which service provider to use for finding clients. Blue Notary is the best option as we make it super easy for you to onboard and start notarizing documents online. We have training videos and a signing simulator to get you comfortable with the process. We also have a facebook group full of notaries to help you get through the process and walk the path they’ve helped trail before.
You would be able to earn money with each document you notarize. There are no hidden charges that you need to worry about as we have a very straightforward policy. To register and get guided through the process hop on our BlueNotary Notary Registration Page.