Becoming an eNotary is an easy way to offer convenient services and secure services to clients. eNotaries offer faster booking and easier document completion! So what are you waiting for?
Are Online Notaries Legal Texas?
Yes, eNotaries became legal in Texas in 2018! As long as you meet all the requirements and obtain your Electronic Notary Public Certificate, you can offer your services online.
As long as you become an officially appointed online notary public, your services are valid in the state of Texas.
How to Become a Traditional Notary in Texas (Get your Notary Commission)
- Ensure you meet all of Texas’ eligibility requirements.
- Get a $10,000 surety bond.
- Complete the application.
- Submit your application, proof of your bond and $21 filing fee to the state.
- Receive your commission certificate.
- Take your oath of office. You should bring your commission certificate to a Texas Notary who will administer the oath and notarize the form (Tex. Gov’t Code, Sec. 406.010(d)).
- Obtain your Notary seal and journal.
How Do You Become An Online Notary In Texas?
Once you have met all the requirements to become a traditional notary in Texas, you can apply to become an online notary by:
- Hold an existing commission as a traditional Notary Public.
- Choose a RON vendor.
- Buy a digital certificate and eSeal that is compatible with your chosen vendor.
- Complete the form.
- Use the digital certificate and eseal you obtained to sign the Statement of Officer form.
- Pay the application fee.
- You should receive a reference number and email regarding your application in less than 3 business days.
Once you have become an online notary in Texas, you must comply with the Texas Online Notary Public’s Handbook. This handbook outlines all of the requirements for providing online notary services in Texas.
What Can I Expect?
As in other professions, the amount of work an online notary receives can vary widely. Generally the busiest time is tax season, when documents such as tax returns need to be signed and notarized. However, there is also a steady demand throughout the year from businesses and individuals in need of authentication services. There are many businesses that need consistent notarizations.
It is important to remember that when working as an online notary, you are responsible for adhering to the regulations set forth by the state. This includes making sure documents are properly completed and witnessed and ensuring they contain all of the necessary information. Additionally, the most successful online notaries spend some time doing their own client acquisition and sales funneling.
How Much Can You Expect To Make?
When you create an account with Blue Notary to get started, you can expect to earn around $25 for online notarizations. As you gain more experience and have notarized more documents, you will be able to earn even more by taking on loan signing packages. Thus, you will be able to earn a very decent income – all from the comfort of your home office.
BlueNotary also has the option for you to Invoice Your Clients Outside of BlueNotary at your rates at a cost of just $3 per notarization for their Pro-Hybrid members. This makes your earnings very flexible depending on your ability to build a network.
How do I Start?
Join the BlueNotary Notary Mastermind Group in order to get advice from Texas notaries! They’ve been through the process and can answer all your questions! As well as keep you compliant with your S.O.S. Becoming an online notary can be a great way to supplement your income and make a positive impact on the community.
As an online notary, you get to decide which platform to use for finding clients. Blue Notary is the best option for super simple onboarding. We even have training videos and a signing simulator to get you comfortable with the process.
Register and get started here: Sign Up.