Becoming an Online Notary in the state of Colorado is an excellent way to provide yourself with some supplemental income. With the right training and qualifications, you can become an Online Notary in Colorado and begin working with clients quickly.
To get started, you’ll need to complete the online notary application process by submitting an application and paying a one-time fee. Once your application is approved, you must also pass a background check and take the online notary examination. This exam will assess your knowledge of state laws and regulations regarding notarizations.
After passing the exam, you will be issued an Colorado Notary Commission certificate. Next, it is important to make sure you have the necessary equipment in order to perform online notarizations. This includes a reliable computer with internet access, a printer and scanner, a webcam or video camera for remote notarization sessions and most importantly, specialized software that allows
Why Should You Consider Becoming An Online Notary In Colorado
Becoming an online notary in Colorado is a great way to offer convenient and secure services to clients. It can also be very good gig for those who choose to do so as you have the ability to make your own schedule. Additionally, online notaries are in high demand due to the convenience they provide, from conducting remote meetings to handling transactions without requiring someone to be physically present.
Finally, it’s the perfect time as 1.25 billion notarizations are done annually in the Unites States and more and more of these notarizations are moving online.
Are Online Notaries Legal To Work in Colorado?
Yes. Colorado is one of a many states that has officially legalized online notarization. Online Notarization in Colorado became legal on December 31, 2020. Senate Bill 20-096 made online notarization legal after many notaries in the state had gotten used to providing remote online notarization services under temporary authorization, due to COVID-19 the year before.
What Are The Requirements To Become An Online Notary In Colorado?
In order to become an online notary in Colorado, you need to meet the following requirements:
- You must be a resident of Colorado
- You must have an active notary commission for at least six months prior to applying
- You must pass the state’s online notary exam and background check
- You must purchase a surety bond in the amount of $25,000
- You must complete an approved training program
- You must have access to the necessary digital technology
Once all of these requirements are met, you can apply for an online notary commission with the state of Colorado. Once approved, you will be able to perform online notarizations for clients in Colorado and other states that recognize online notarization.
How to Become a Traditional Notary in Colorado (Get your Notary Commission)
These are the general steps to get a CO Notary Public commission in most Colorado counties:
- Take a Notary training course from a state-approved provider.
- Pass the state-required exam.
- Take your oath of office and get your affirmation notarized.
- Submit your application with a copy of your ID card, training certificate, exam certificate and the $10 filing fee. Include the original notarized affirmation, too.
- You will receive your commission, Notary ID and password through email.
- Present these items to an approved Notary stamp vendor (or online notary vendor). You may need to print your commission for local stamp vendors.
- Obtain E&O insurance (optional, but highly recommended)
After you have obtained your stamp and your notary journal you should be ready to start notarizing in the state of Colorado
How Do You Become An Online Notary In Colorado?
Colorado Notaries have been able to register to perform remote online notarizations (RONs) since December 31, 2020 (the beginning of 2021). If you are trying to become a Colorado Online Notary, you need to follow these steps.
- Have an existing commission as a traditional Notary Public.
- Complete a RON training course from the Colorado Secretary of State.
- Pass the Colorado exam.
- Sign up with an approved RON technology provider.
- Log in to your Notary account on the Colorado Secretary of State website.
- Complete the application form.
- Upload proof of your training and exam completion.
- Pay the required fee.
Once you have become a Colorado online notary, you will be able to provide secure remote notarial services for Colorado residents. Always ensure that you follow the guidelines and laws set out by the state, as well as your selected RON vendor.
For any confusion in the process, we recommend joining the BlueNotary Mastermind Facebook Group full of notaries from each state who have been through the exact state processes and can help guide you along the way.
What Steps Should You Take To Remain Compliant With Colorado Laws?
In order to remain compliant with Colorado laws, online notaries must take the following steps:
- Keep up-to-date records of all your remote notarizations.
- Verify the identity of each signer using an approved identification method such as a driver’s license or passport.
- Maintain a physical presence in the state of Colorado during remote notarial acts.
- Maintain a secure environment for digital documents.
- Keep your Notary commission active and in good standing. Make sure you are up-to-date on all the current laws and guidelines.
- Store all records and documents securely according to the requirements set out by the Colorado Secretary of State’s office.
- Stay up-to-date on your continuing education requirements.Follow the guidelines and processes set out by your chosen RON vendor.
By following these steps, you can ensure that you remain compliant with the laws governing online notaries in Colorado.
What to Expect From the Job?
As in other professions, the amount of work an online notary receives can vary widely. Generally the busiest times for notaries are during tax season, when documents such as tax returns need to be signed and notarized. However, there is also a steady demand throughout the year from businesses and individuals in need of authentication services. There are many businesses that need consistent notarizations.
It is important to remember that when working as an online notary, you are responsible for adhering to the regulations set forth by the state. This includes making sure documents are properly completed and witnessed and ensuring they contain all of the necessary information. Additionally, the most successful online notaries spend some time doing their own client acquisition and sales funneling.
How Much Can You Expect To Make?
When you create an account with Blue Notary to get started, you can expect to earn around $25 for online notarizations. As you gain more experience and have notarized more documents, you will be able to earn even more by taking on loan signing packages. Thus, you will be able to earn a very decent income – all from the comfort of your home office.
BlueNotary also has the option for you to Invoice Your Clients Outside of BlueNotary at your rates at a cost of just $3 per notarization for their Pro-Hybrid members. This makes your earnings very flexible depending on your ability to build a network.
Can I do Online Notary in Colorado?
Yes, you can do online notary in Colorado. In order to become an online notary, you just need to meet the state requirements for certification and have a commission from Colorado. You can also join the BlueNotary Notary Mastermind Group in order to get advice from Colorado notaries who have already been through the process and will share exactly what you need to do. They’ll help make guide you through working with your SOS. Becoming an online notary can be a great way to supplement your income and make a positive impact on the community.
As an online notary, you get to decide which service provider to use for finding clients. Blue Notary is the best option as we make it super easy for you to onboard and start notarizing documents online. We have training videos and a signing simulator to get you comfortable with the process. We also have a facebook group full of notaries to help you get through the process and walk the path they’ve helped trail before.
You would be able to earn money with each document you notarize. There are no hidden charges that you need to worry about as we have a very straightforward policy. To register and get guided through the process hop on our BlueNotary Notary Registration Page.