Why Should You Consider Becoming An Online Notary In Iowa?
Becoming an Online Notary in Iowa is an easy way to offer convenient services and secure services to clients. eNotaries offer faster booking and easier document completion! Save clients and yourself time by working from home. What are you waiting for?
How Do You Become An Online Notary In Iowa?
As of July 1, 2020, once you have met all the requirements to become a traditional notary in Iowa, you can apply to become an online notary by:
- Have an existing commission as a traditional Notary Public.
- Contract with a state-approved Remote Online Notary provider.
- Complete a state-required RON training course approved by the Secretary of State as required by Iowa Administrative Code section 721-43.5(3)(b)
- Complete a Remote Notarization application form online.
- Submit the form along with proof that you completed the training to the Secretary of State.
Once you’re authorized to perform RON in Iowa and approved on your platform, you’re good to go. Staying up to date with the latest laws is a best practice in Online Notarization as laws are changing quickly! Check out how to become a Traditional Notary below.
How to Become a Traditional Notary in Iowa (Get your Notary Commission)
To become an Iowa Notary Public, you need to complete the following:
- Meet all of Iowa’s eligibility requirements
- Fill out the Application for Appointment as Notary Public. This is considered your oath of office.
- Submit the application and $30 processing fee to Iowa’s Notary Division of the Secretary of State’s office.
- Receive your Notary commission from your Secretary of State.
- Obtain your official Notary seal and journal.
Once you have your seal, journal and commission you are ready to start performing notarial acts as a commissioned notary in Iowa.
What are the requirements to become a Notary in Iowa?
In order to become a Notary in , you must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be a permanent legal resident or citizen of the United States.
- You must be resident of Iowa
- Have the capability to read and write English.
- Not be disqualified to receive a commission under Section 9B.23.
- You can also have a place of employment or practice in Iowa to qualify.
Are Online Notaries Legal in Iowa?
Online Notarization has been legal in Iowa since July 2021 under Iowa Code chapter 9B. Remote online notaries in Iowa are required to hold current traditional notary commission, as well as complete an online remote notarization training course. They also need to register with their Secretary of State.
What to Expect as a Notary?
As in other professions, the amount of work an online notary receives can vary widely. Generally the busiest time is tax season, when documents such as tax returns need to be signed and notarized. However, there is also a steady demand throughout the year from businesses and individuals in need of authentication services. There are many businesses that need consistent notarizations.
It is important to remember that when working as an online notary, you are responsible for adhering to the regulations set forth by the state. This includes making sure documents are properly completed and witnessed. Always ensure documents contain all of the necessary information. Additionally, the most successful online notaries spend some time doing their own client acquisition and sales funneling.
How Much Can You Expect To Make as a Notary in Iowa?
When you create an account with Blue Notary to get started, you can expect to earn around $22 for online notarizations. As you gain more experience and have notarized more documents, you will be able to earn even more by taking on loan signing packages. You will be able to earn a very decent income – all from the comfort of your home office.
BlueNotary also has the option for you to Invoice Your Clients Outside of BlueNotary at your rates at a cost of just $3 per notarization for their Pro-Hybrid members. This makes your earnings very flexible depending on your ability to build a network.
How do I Start Notarizing Online in Iowa?
Join the BlueNotary Notary Mastermind Group in order to get advice from other Iowa notaries! They’ve been through the process and can answer all your questions! As well as keep you compliant with your S.O.S. Becoming an online notary can be a great way to supplement your income and make a positive impact on the community.
As an online notary, you get to decide which platform to use for finding clients. Blue Notary is the best option for super simple onboarding. We even have training videos and a signing simulator to get you comfortable with the process. Want more? Try our Facebook group full of notaries!
Register and get started here: Sign Up.