Why Should You Consider Becoming An Online Notary In Oklahoma
Becoming an Online Notary in Oklahoma is an easy way to offer convenient services and secure services to clients. eNotaries offer faster booking and easier document completion! So what are you waiting for?
How Do You Become An Online Notary In Oklahoma?
Once you have met all the requirements to become a traditional notary in Oklahoma, you can apply to become an online notary by:
- Have an existing commission as a traditional Notary Public.
- Select the primary RON vendor you plan to use.
- File a Remote Online Notarization Application. You will need to include which RON platform you chose.
- Pay a $25 fee through the OK Secretary of State website.
- Get written authorization from the Secretary of State to perform remote notarizations.
Once you’re authorized to perform RON in Oklahoma and approved on your platform, you’re good to go. Staying up to date with the latest laws is a best practice in Online Notarization as laws are changing quickly! Check out how to become a Traditional Notary below.
How to Become a Traditional Notary in Oklahoma (Get your Notary Commission)
- Make sure you meet all requirements under Oklahoma state law.
- Complete the Oklahoma Notary Public Application.
- Mail or deliver your application along with a check or money order for the $25 filing fee to the Secretary of State. You can also submit your application online.
- Once you have received your commission via mail, get your Notary seal, $1,000 surety bond and any other supplies you will need during your commission.
- File your Notary seal and bond with the Secretary of State, including the $10 filing fee.
- Get E&O insurance (optional, but strongly recommended).
- Take continuing education or consult Notary experts for guidance (optional, but strongly recommended).
What are the requirements to become a Notary in Oklahoma?
In order to become a Notary in Oklahoma, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a legal resident or registered voter in Oklahoma
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a valid driver’s license or state ID
- Pass a background check
- Complete an online Notary course (normally 1-2 hours)
- Submit the notary application, fee and bond
- Out-of-state residents who are employed in Oklahoma can also become notaries
Are Online Notaries Legal in Oklahoma?
Online Notarization has been legal in Oklahoma since 2019, due to Senate Bill 915. Oklahoma online notaries need to be authorized by the Oklahoma Secretary Of State, and have a current traditional commission. You also need to connect with a RON technology provider.
What to Expect as an Oklahoma Notary?
As in other professions, the amount of work an online notary receives can vary widely. Generally the busiest time is tax season, when documents such as tax returns need to be signed and notarized. However, there is also a steady demand throughout the year from businesses and individuals in need of authentication services. There are many businesses that need consistent notarizations.
It is important to remember that when working as an online notary, you are responsible for adhering to the regulations set forth by the state. This includes making sure documents are properly completed and witnessed. Always ensure documents contain all of the necessary information. Additionally, the most successful online notaries spend some time doing their own client acquisition and sales funneling.
How Much Can You Expect To Make?
When you create an account with Blue Notary to get started, you can expect to earn around $25 for online notarizations. As you gain more experience and have notarized more documents, you will be able to earn even more by taking on loan signing packages. You will be able to earn a very decent income – all from the comfort of your home office.
BlueNotary also has the option for you to Invoice Your Clients Outside of BlueNotary at your rates at a cost of just $3 per notarization for their Pro-Hybrid members. This makes your earnings very flexible depending on your ability to build a network.
How do I Start?
Join the BlueNotary Notary Mastermind Group in order to get advice from other Oklahoma notaries! They’ve been through the process and can answer all your questions! As well as keep you compliant with your S.O.S. Becoming an online notary can be a great way to supplement your income and make a positive impact on the community.
As an online notary, you get to decide which platform to use for finding clients. Blue Notary is the best option for super simple onboarding. We even have training videos and a signing simulator to get you comfortable with the process. Want more? Try our Facebook group full of notaries!
Register and get started here: Sign Up.