Why Should You Consider Becoming An Online Notary In Washington
Becoming an online notary in Washington is a great way to offer convenient and secure services to clients. It can also be very good gig for those who choose to do so as you have the ability to make your own schedule. Additionally, online notaries are in high demand due to the convenience they provide, from conducting remote meetings to handling transactions without requiring someone to be physically present.
Finally, it’s the perfect time as 1.25 billion notarizations are done annually in the Unites States and more and more of these notarizations are moving online.
Are Online Notaries Legal To Work in Washington?
Yes. Washington Remote Online Notarization laws were initiated back in March of 2020. The laws allow for all the functions of traditional notaries to be conducted online. This includes witnessing signatures, authenticating documents, and verifying identities digitally.
What Are The Requirements To Become An Online Notary In Washington?
In order to become an online notary in Washington, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Hold a current Washington notary public commission
- Have a valid ID and must be a resident of Washington
- Complete an approved online notary training course
- Pass a state-approved exam
- Have the necessary technology to perform all required functions as an online notary.
Once you meet these requirements you can apply to become a Remote Online Notary in Washington
How to Become a Traditional Notary in Washington (Get your Notary Commission)
- Make sure you meet the state’s qualifications (see below).
- Get your state-required $10,000 surety bond.
- Complete a Notary application, including your oath.
- Submit your application, a copy of your surety bond and a $40 application fee to the Washington State Department of Licensing online or by mail.
- Order your state-required stamp and journal after receiving your Notary certificate.
How Do You Become An Online Notary In Washington?
Once you have met all the requirements to become a traditional notary in Washington, you can apply to become an online notary by:
- Hold an existing commission as a traditional Notary Public.
- Hold an active electronic records Notary endorsement.
- Contract with a RON software provider (like BlueNotary!) that meets state requirements.
- Email your name and the name of your RON software provider to [email protected].
- Receive approval to perform remote notarizations from the Department of Licensing.
Once you have become an online notary in Washington, you will be able to provide secure remote notarial services for Washington residents. Always ensure that you follow the guidelines and laws set out by the state, as well as your chosen RON vendor.
What Steps Should You Take To Remain Compliant With Washington Laws?
In order to remain compliant with Washington laws, online notaries must take the following steps:
- Keep up-to-date records of all your remote notarizations.
- Verify the identity of each signer using an approved identification method such as a driver’s license or passport.
- Maintain a physical presence in the state of Washington during remote notarial acts.
- Maintain a secure environment for digital documents.
- Keep your Notary commission active and in good standing. Make sure you are up-to-date on all the current laws and guidelines.
- Store all records and documents securely according to the requirements set out by the Washington Secretary of State’s office.
- Stay up-to-date on your continuing education requirements.Follow the guidelines and processes set out by your chosen RON vendor.
By following these steps, you can ensure that you remain compliant with the laws governing online notaries in Washington.
What to Expect From the Job?
As in other professions, the amount of work an online notary receives can vary widely. Generally the busiest times for notaries are during tax season, when documents such as tax returns need to be signed and notarized. However, there is also a steady demand throughout the year from businesses and individuals in need of authentication services. There are many businesses that need consistent notarizations.
It is important to remember that when working as an online notary, you are responsible for adhering to the regulations set forth by the state. This includes making sure documents are properly completed and witnessed and ensuring they contain all of the necessary information. Additionally, the most successful online notaries spend some time doing their own client acquisition and sales funneling.
How Much Can You Expect To Make?
When you create an account with Blue Notary to get started, you can expect to earn around $25 for online notarizations. As you gain more experience and have notarized more documents, you will be able to earn even more by taking on loan signing packages. Thus, you will be able to earn a very decent income – all from the comfort of your home office.
BlueNotary also has the option for you to Invoice Your Clients Outside of BlueNotary at your rates at a cost of just $3 per notarization for their Pro-Hybrid members. This makes your earnings very flexible depending on your ability to build a network.
Can I do Online Notary in Washington?
Yes, you can do online notary in Washington. In order to become an online notary, you just need to meet the state requirements for certification and obtain a commission from Washington. You can also join the BlueNotary Notary Mastermind Group in order to get advice from Washington notaries who have already been through the process and will share exactly what you need to do. They’ll help make sure you’re compliant with your SOS. Becoming an online notary can be a great way to supplement your income and make a positive impact on the community.
As an online notary, you get to decide which service provider to use for finding clients. Blue Notary is the best option as we make it super easy for you to onboard and start notarizing documents online. We have training videos and a signing simulator to get you comfortable with the process. We also have a facebook group full of notaries to help you get through the process and walk the path they’ve helped trail before.
You would be able to earn money with each document you notarize. There are no hidden charges that you need to worry about as we have a very straightforward policy. To register and get guided through the process hop on our BlueNotary Notary Registration Page.