Why Should You think about Becoming An Online Notary In Wyoming
Becoming an Online Notary in Wyoming is an easy way to offer convenient services and secure services to clients from wherever you are. Online Notaries offer faster booking and easier document completion! Save clients and yourself time by working from home. What are you waiting for?
How Do You Become An Online Notary In Wyoming?
As of July 1, 2021, Wyoming Notaries Public have been able to apply to perform remote online notarizations (RONs). To become an Online Notary in Wyoming follow the steps below.
- Have an existing commission as a traditional Notary Public.
- Sign up with and contract with an approved RON technology provider.
- Complete the training provided by your chosen vendor.
- Fill out the Wyoming Online Notary Application Form and take the exam. You will need to get it notarized.
- Submit the form by mail with an ink signature along with the $60 filing fee.
- Notify the Secretary of State of your chosen RON vendor and your intention to perform remote online notarizations.
Once you’re authorized to perform RON in Wyoming and approved and familiar with your platform, you can start performing Remote Online Notarizations. Be sure to stay up to date as Online Notarization laws are changing quickly!
How to Become a Traditional Notary in Wyoming (Get your Notary Commission)
To become a Notary Public in Wyoming you need to complete the following:
- Be sure to meet all of your state’s qualifications (below).
- View and familiarize yourself with the Wyoming Notary Education Presentation or take the required Notary training course from an approved vendor.
- Complete the examination on page 3 of the Wyoming Notary application.
- Once you’ve completed the application, you can mail it with the $60 fee to the Secretary of State’s office. You will need to include your training certificate of completion.
- You will receive your Commission via email.
- Use this commission to obtain your stamp.
- Obtain a journal
- Get E&O insurance ( strongly recommended).
Once you have your bond, seal, journal and commission you are ready to start performing notarial acts as a commissioned notary in Wyoming.
What are the requirements to become a Notary in Wyoming?
In order to become a Notary in Wyoming, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age and a resident of Wyoming.
- Have no felony convictions (or other criminal convictions related to dishonesty or fraud).
- Be able to read and write English.
- Have a valid state-issued ID or driver’s license.
- Have never been removed from office, suspended or barred from acting as a notary.
- Be able to pass the required Wyoming Notary exam.
- Pay the $60
Are Online Notaries Legal in Wyoming?
Wyoming remote online notarization became permanent in July, 2021 due to WY Senate File 29 being passed. Remote online notaries in Wyoming are required to have a current traditional notary commission. In addition to completing an online remote notarization training course, you are required to register with the Secretary of State.
What to Expect as a Notary?
As in other professions, the amount of work an online notary receives can vary widely. Generally the busiest time is tax season, when documents such as tax returns need to be signed and notarized. However, there is also a steady demand throughout the year from businesses and individuals in need of authentication services. There are many businesses that need consistent notarizations. Did we mention there are over 1.25 billion notarizations performed annually?
It is important to remember that when working as an online notary, you are responsible for adhering to the regulations set forth by the state. This includes making sure documents are properly notarized and witnessed. Always ensure documents contain all of the necessary information. The most successful online notaries spend some time doing their own client acquisition and sales funneling, especially those that are doing it online.
How Much Can You Expect To Make as a Notary in Wyoming?
When you create an account with Blue Notary to get started, you can expect to earn around $22 for online notarizations off the start. As you gain more experience and have notarized more documents, you will be able to earn even more by taking on loan signing packages and invoicing clients outside of BlueNotary. You will be able to earn a very decent income – all from the comfort of your home office.
By “Invoicing Your Clients Outside of BlueNotary” at a cost of just $3 per notarization, you can charge your customers whatever you like and profit from the in between. This makes your earnings very flexible depending on your ability to build a network.
How do I Start Notarizing Online in Wyoming?
A great place to start is the BlueNotary Notary Mastermind Group. There you will find advice from other Wyoming notaries who’ve been through the process and can answer help answer your questions.
Becoming an online notary can be a great way to supplement your income and make a positive impact on the community. As an online notary, you get to decide which platform to use for finding clients.
BlueNotary is the best option for super simple onboarding and the independent notary looking to grow their own business. We even have training videos and a signing simulator to get you comfortable with the process.
Register and get started here: Sign Up.