Why Should You think about Becoming An Online Notary In Rhode Island
Becoming an Online Notary in Rhode Island is an easy way to offer convenient services and secure services to clients from wherever you are. Online Notaries offer faster booking and easier document completion! Save clients and yourself time by working from home. What are you waiting for?
How Do You Become An Online Notary In Rhode Island?
These are the general steps to get approved for RON in each state:
- Meeting Rhode Island’s state’s qualifications to become a traditional Notary.
- Applying or registering with Rhode Island to perform virtual notarizations.
- Pay any Rhode Island state application fees.
- Completing any RON-specific testing or training courses required by Rhode Island.
- Obtain remote online Notary tools and technology like an eSeal and digital certificate.
- Most states require you obtain a state-approved RON vendor and register this with your state.
- Having a surety bond to cover remote online notarizations.
Once you’re authorized to perform RON in Rhode Island and approved and familiar with your platform, you can start performing Remote Online Notarizations. Be sure to stay up to date as Online Notarization laws are changing quickly!
How to Become a Traditional Notary in Rhode Island (Get your Notary Commission)
To become a Notary Public in Rhode Island you need to complete the following:
- Be a member of the Rhode Island State Bar.
- If not a member of the Rhode Island Bar, you will need an endorsement from an appropriate city official or town clerk confirming your status as a Rhode Island registered voter.
- Pass the Notary Knowledge Assessment on the Secretary of State’s website.
- Complete your Rhode Island Notary application. Get your signature on the form notarized.
- Submit your application and $80 fee to the Department of State.
- Take your oath of office. Submit it to the commissioning agency.
- Obtain you official Notary stamp and be sure the name matches your commission.
Once you have your bond, seal, journal and commission you are ready to start performing notarial acts as a commissioned notary in Rhode Island.
What are the requirements to become a Notary in Rhode Island?
In order to become a Notary in Rhode Island, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be a member of the Rhode Island State Bar or have an endorsement from an appropriate city official or town clerk confirming your status as a Rhode Island registered voter.
Are Online Notaries Legal in Rhode Island?
Remote Online Notarization has been temporarily authorized since April of 2020 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Notaries are required to have traditional notary commissions, online notaries must use an approved RON technology provider in most states.
What to Expect as a Notary?
As in other professions, the amount of work an online notary receives can vary widely. Generally the busiest time is tax season, when documents such as tax returns need to be signed and notarized. However, there is also a steady demand throughout the year from businesses and individuals in need of authentication services. There are many businesses that need consistent notarizations. Did we mention there are over 1.25 billion notarizations performed annually?
It is important to remember that when working as an online notary, you are responsible for adhering to the regulations set forth by the state. This includes making sure documents are properly notarized and witnessed. Always ensure documents contain all of the necessary information. The most successful online notaries spend some time doing their own client acquisition and sales funneling, especially those that are doing it online.
How Much Can You Expect To Make as a Notary in Rhode Island?
When you create an account with Blue Notary to get started, you can expect to earn around $22 for online notarizations off the start. As you gain more experience and have notarized more documents, you will be able to earn even more by taking on loan signing packages and invoicing clients outside of BlueNotary. You will be able to earn a very decent income – all from the comfort of your home office.
By “Invoicing Your Clients Outside of BlueNotary” at a cost of just $3 per notarization, you can charge your customers whatever you like and profit from the in between. This makes your earnings very flexible depending on your ability to build a network.
How do I Start Notarizing Online in Rhode Island?
A great place to start is the BlueNotary Notary Mastermind Group. There you will find advice from other Rhode Island notaries who’ve been through the process and can answer help answer your questions.
Becoming an online notary can be a great way to supplement your income and make a positive impact on the community. As an online notary, you get to decide which platform to use for finding clients.
BlueNotary is the best option for super simple onboarding and the independent notary looking to grow their own business. We even have training videos and a signing simulator to get you comfortable with the process.
Register and get started here: Sign Up.